April 19, 2010

The World of Cleveland Sports: Eric's Take

What an exciting time to be a Cleveland fan!

CAVS

The Cavs smacked the over eager to the point of being annoying Bulls right in the mouth. If only the Bulls had any realistic expectation, it would be good to give them some payback for the Jordan era. The expectations in Chicago are not very high for the Bulls, despite getting outstanding play from PG Derrick Rose over the last few weeks. I noticed this morning walking downtown in Chicago that they have hung Blackhawks banners from the light posts. No bulls stuff anywhere. That made me happy.

I think Joakim Noah needs to keep her mouth shut after getting abused by Shaq and Andy the day before. Noah said on Sunday that Cleveland is boring and sucks. I encourage any one going to the game tonight to try to lose their voice heckling her. Now normally, I do not advocate violence against women, but in Noah deserves to be knocked down a peg, both physically and mentally. Talking shit after losing a lopsided game makes you look bitter, not like a hard ass. Maybe she was pmsing, I don't know how that all works, but its no excuse for her behavior. (I like this picture of Ms. Noah, this is the face I imagine her making after having too many drinks with Ben Roethlisberger)

INDIANS

Any time the Indians beat the Whitesox, I am happy. Any time the Indians sweep the Whitesox I am even happier. Any time the Indians sweep the Whitesox while Noah and her friends are in the process of getting swept I am exceptionally happy. Oddly enough, not a single Chicago fan has said anything to me today... Its been a good day. Saturday was another good day... I watched a friend of mine talk Jake Peavy out of a bar... Well done sir.

BROWNS

While the aforementioned sporting teams are doing a hell of a job killing time, the Browns are also poised to have a huge week. Even Chris Jennings punching a bouncer at Velvet Dog in the mouth can't ruin the week the Browns are about to have. First is the release of the schedule on Tuesday night on the NFL channel. Some of you will say, who cares the schedule is irrelevant when going undefeated and while I agree, its still pretty damn exciting. Thursday of course it the 75th NFL Draft and what should be considered a national holiday. There is still no way of knowing what the Browns might do with their picks in this draft. I am hoping to god that the Browns come away with a starting safety. If Berry is on the board at 7, thats got to be the pick. If not, maybe we can trade down and take Earl Thomas. I love the idea of moving up to get Colt McCoy if we don't think he'll be there at 38. We need a QB of the future and I think in a west coast offense, McCoy can be an absolute monster. In addition to a safey and McCoy, I'd like to see the Browns come away with a speed receiver with a 3rd round pick. I love Jacoby Ford from Clemson (4.28 speed at 5'9" and 186 lbs) and would be ok with Taylor Price, another burner, coming from Ohio University. We need to add a LB at some point as well, possibly Brandon Spikes in the 3rd round. We pimped Spikes as a low first-high second type of guy, but his SLLLLLOOOWWWW 40 time has dropped him. The man is still a beast and can still play. He'd be a perfect fit as a thumper at the Mack ILB spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment