April 6, 2010

It WAS baseball season!


Sitting in my Chicago office yesterday, I was genuinely excited for the start of baseball season. The Indians had a pretty good spring, Jake Westbrook was back to hopefully stabilize the starting rotation and our young offense had been hitting the ball well. Encouraging my excitement was my deep seeded hatred for the Chicago White Sox. I never liked the sox, but the combination of Jack Parkman being such an asshole and Ozzie giving the choke sign to the fans (I would strangle him with my bare hands if given the opportunity). The guy is a prick and lacks the class you expect from professionals. Really you're going to taunt fans. F*%# you.


So I was ready to talk some smack to the sox fans yesterday, and could have parlayed my excitement of an Indians win with the fact the Cubs looked stupid. Cubs fans annoy me, so it would have been fun to taunt everyone in the office, except one other Indians fan. But it was not meant to be. The 4 wild pitches, few hits and only getting ONE baserunner to second base made me sick. It was at that point that I declared baseball season is over. I'm not going to watch this garbage anymore. I say this of course and I don't mean it. I will still check the scores, hope the Tribe can win a game or two, and watch the inept team when I get the chance. But mentally I am out. I will not be emotionally invested in this team. I have enough to worry about on my sports docket, with ESPN putting up pictures of LeBron in a Knicks jersey and the Browns not having done squat since I had nap times on carpet squares.

The NFL draft is 16 days away, the Cavs have locked up the NBA's best record, and Miami University's (NOT THE FLORIDA SCHOOL) Hockey team is playing for a national championship this Thursday, so the last thing I need is to watch future stars for other teams get valuable experience at my expense.

So until the Indians recreate Major League, I'll pretend to tell myself they don't exist.

SUPERBOWL!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment