March 10, 2010

Anderson blasts the fans!


Derek Anderson had some not so kind words for Cleveland Browns fans, writing in an e-mail to the News Herald,


"The fans are ruthless and don't deserve a winner," Anderson said. "I will never forget getting cheered when I was injured. I know at times I wasn't great. I hope and pray I'm playing when my team comes to town and [we] roll them."


He made a half-assed apology later saying it was out of character and he was just frustrated. I have 2 HUGE problems with his apology and about several million problems with his performance as a Cleveland Brown. With regard to apology, he has known he was getting cut for some time. He had all sorts of time to come to a realization and brace himself for the ending of his Cleveland Career. Secondly, most of the time that people say something they regret and don't mean, it is in the heat of the moment and is a spoken quote. Most people do not sit down think about an email and write it, without thinking about what they are saying.


DA had his moments in Cleveland, he did not play well (with the exception of 2007). However, he made MILLIONS of American dollars, and because of what we did for him, he will have a chance to play somewhere else. He may be a backup, but that is what he is in this league.


I will never understand an athlete bashing fans when they leave. What is the point? Why piss a bunch of people off? Grow up, its a job, appreciate that you get to do what the rest of the population would do for a tiny fraction of the money you "earn". Have a little class.


Derek, I also hope you are playing when your team comes to Cleveland. Its nice to know that we will be playing a team that has a JV quarterback, who can't read a defense, can't throw an accurate pass under 25 yards and is a quitter, a whiner and an all around jackass.


I understand DA's problem with getting cheered while he was hurt. I certainly don't condone the behavior of the fans. I believe the fans were cheering for him getting off the field so that Brady could play, most fans were not hoping that DA was injured or anything personal. NOW IT IS PERSONAL! If DA is ever lying on the ground in Cleveland again, he will here a roar of the crowd, and I can't wait to be part of it.


Finally, I take extreme pride in being a Browns fan. I think we are the BEST fans in sports. And it takes very little for us to fall in love with a player. Try hard, be open and honest and you will be adored. Josh Cribbs understands this, LeBron (at least for now) understands this.


Derek Anderson, you don't deserve us!



SUPERBOWL!

No comments:

Post a Comment